I was hungry… my mind tricked me into reading “Lobster” in place of “Liebster.” I didn’t care if we’d been nominated for a fishy award, I was happy to reel it in. The point is, someone (not a relative or coerced friend) likes the blog. A closer look into the award revealed that the German word Liebster means “dearest or beloved.” Cool, huh? Much better than a crustacean award.
Blogging takes time, patience, a steady flow of affirmations from readers, and for me, a willing husband who never tires of saying, “no, it doesn’t suck.” So, yes, yes, yes, I accept the nomination and without further adieu extend a huge thank you to Erin @ http://onehundredtwentythreedays.com/ for the recognition. Check out her blog, I found it to be fresh, intriguing and I gleefully accept her challenge to live a better life.
The idea behind the Liebster Award is to discover and give a nod to new bloggers. Accepting, means you win (yay! I won). There’s no trophy, paid vacation or a truck load of cash (dang), but you do get the honor of displaying the cool Liebster Award logo while taking a stroll down the cyber red carpet.
In lieu of an acceptance speech, winners are asked to follow a few instructions.
Answer the following 11 questions provided by the nominator.
Share 11 random facts about themselves.
Post the Liebster Award rules
Nominate 11 others for the award.
Q&A From My Nominator (nominees, please answer these same 11 questions)
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 29, and find line 4. What is the book and what does it say?
“Notre Dame,” by Victor Hugo… “Oh yes; I remember it!” exclaimed Gisquette: “God on the cross, and the two thieves on each side of Him.”
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
I’m weird about this. It’s much more about who I live near than where. I would choose a place with few if any snakes, close to my family and friends.
3. If you could change one thing about the world, what would you do?
I would replace all hate with love.
4. Is the glass half empty or half full?
A trick question for a sober person… what’s the liquid?
5. When is the last time you ate a homegrown tomato?
Two years ago from my own little garden. Confession: It did not taste like the ones I remember as a child; dripping down my arm with the first bite.
6. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be Mark Twain… of course!
7. What is your favorite time of the day?
First light… sitting with hubby in the quiet as we slowly enter the day.
8. What inspires you?
Faith… without which I am done for.
9. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Sitting with my mother, flipping through the Sears Roebuck Catalog, selecting everything we would buy if money was no concern.
10. What three things in nature do you find most beautiful?
Tigers, flowers, and the way light plays on the trees.
11. Who are your Nominees?
- Awkward for Jesus – https://projectawkward.wordpress.com/2015/02/03/tumble-dry-low/
- Roses In Green Gables –http://rosesingreengables.com/2015/02/03/our-calling-part-one/
- Thoughts of Dodge – https://thoughtsofdodge.wordpress.com/2015/02/03/the-little-old-church-lady/
- My Father is a King – https://collegegirlsguideto.wordpress.com/category/pcos/
- A Spirit-Kissed Soul – https://aspiritkissedsoul.wordpress.com/2015/02/03/trade-your-ashes-for-his-crown/
- Erin J. Bernard – http://erinjbernard.net/2015/02/03/spotted-around-manhattan-cheeky-vanity-license-plates-of-banking-industry-execs/
- Mastersquill’s Blog – https://mastersquill.wordpress.com/2015/02/03/do-all-roads-lead-to-god/
- Judgement Observer – http://judgmentalobserver.com/2015/01/08/in-defense-of-academic-writing/
- Kellie Wallace Books – https://kelliewallacebooks.wordpress.com/
- Robin LK: It’s All About the Process – http://robinlk.com/
- Anointed Women with Purpose – https://anointedwomenwithpurpose.wordpress.com/
Here are 11 random facts about myself.
- At the time of this writing, I was the ONLY person in Washington State who wasn’t watching the Seahawks at the Super Bowl.
- Sometimes I just can’t help exaggerating (see #1 above).
- I wonder about cows. According to my hubby, too much. Stuff like… why are they all standing up? Why is that cow being snubbed by the others? Did she do something anti-social? Is there a hierarchy among cows in the field? Is the cow on the mound pretending to be king of the hill? You know, that stuff… I assume everyone ponders.
- I write to music, sometimes evoking a moment of dance followed by a get back to work slap upside the head.
- I wear my husband’s T-shirt to bed, the one he’s been wearing for the day. No other will do. It gives me the same comfort my thumb sucking blanket gave me when I was a toddler (this should count as two random facts).
- If my toenails are not painted, I feel like they are naked.
- I HATE wearing socks.
- I play a game by Battlenet called Hearthstone more than I should.
- I’ve worked a variety of jobs in my life including driving a bulldozer and a forklift. Side note: Crashing a forklift through a plate glass window gets a lot of attention.
- I can be won over by any dog. A couple of wags, a sloppy wet kiss… game over.
- I think Godly men like my husband are super sexy. Watching him pray has an even stronger effect on me than number 10.
Looking forward to all my nominee’s answers.